For the past six years, I WAS a full-fledged secondary education teacher, picking up English Language Arts classes in middle and high schools in Miami-Dade county from September to April.
Before then, I spent my 20’s teaching College Composition, English Literature, and Business Writing as a seasoned college educator at such amazing universities as Quinnipiac University, University of New Haven, Gibbs College, Northern Virginia Community College and even a local HBCU.
Originally an unregistered “Burb” chick, I hail from Miami Lakes, FL.
I have been ALL the following:
- a writing sensation since high school
- a non-athletic Gator English Major as an undergrad
- an adopted Harlem girl during grad school at Columbia University
- a traveling gypsy of the South and the DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia) when the Recession hit
- and now, after investing my last teaching paycheck into this blog to be Carrie Bradshaw/Candace Bushnell with Oprah’s influence to find my economic footing back in my home city while I do the fo8:
- cover local entertainment events in Miami Gardens, Overtown, Opalocka, Wynwood, Midtown, Downtown Miami, Aventura, North Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, South Beach, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and everything in between
- write culturally relevant reviews that mainstream media ignores, and
- Develop my new Lboogie’s Pop World Podcast off Anchor – so STAY TUNED!
From the summer to the beginning of the school year, I’m covering local entertainment events as press such as Miami Gardens Food and Wine Experience, Jazz in the Gardens, 2015 National Urban League Conference, 30th Anniversary Hot 105 FM R&B Groove, and The Mrs Carter World Tour.